Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mattel #N8016 1:50 Scale 1966 Batboat

Today on Sunday Comics Sunday we'll continue with some more of Mattel's line of Batman related vehicles: the #N8016 1:50 Scale 1966 Batboat. My foray into the world of Batman related stuff really started with the acquisition of the Mattel 1:50 scale 1966 Batmobile which I featured in one of my first blogs - 11 Oct 2010. The collection got a big jumpstart with the purchase of a whole bunch of the Corgi 1:43 scale vehicles on sale at Wal-Mart. Since then I've s-l-o-w-l-y but surely added to the collection.  I tend to stick to the small sizes as I can stage them on my Marxville and Plateau (The MaP) train layout. My favorites of the bunch will always be anything related to the 1966 television series - a sentimental, campy, goofy favorite show from my youth. The Batboat featured here has all the neat characteristics associated with the show: classic lines, beautiful paint scheme, and the look of speed even when standing still. The boat is diecast but the trailer is a one piece soft plastic casting with separate wheel/axle assembly. The trailer is meant to mate withe the Mattel #N8017 1:50 scale Batmobile WITH trailer hitch (Mattel made a version without trailer hitch). Enjoy!