Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Mattel Hot Wheels L7130 1:18 Scale Elite 1966 Batmobile

There was a time when Hot Wheels meant small die-cast cars - real small die-cast cars. But Hot Wheels has come a long way baby. Yes, they still offer their trademark tiny cars but have branched out into so many sizes it's hard to keep up with them. There for awhile one of their offerings that was hard to keep up with was the release of the 1:18 Scale 1966 television series Batmobile. Rumors and propaganda had floated around the Web for years when finally a release date of June 2008 was announced. This was for the Standard Edition Batmobile. An Elite version and Super Elite would follow, each having more details than the other. Today on Toys & Stuff we're glad to finally show you the Hot Wheels Elite 1:18 scale 1966 Batmobile. 

This toy has been waiting in the wings for some time now. I was waiting for a good time to present it here on Toys & Stuff and seeing as how yesterday was the last episode of the animated series "Batman, The Brave and The Bold" on Cartoon Network I figured it was as good a time as any. The Elite version has opening doors, front wheels that turn left & right, and opening hood with turbine engine detail, and an opening trunk with 'Mobile Crime Computer'. I am a huge fan of the 1966 TV series Batmobile and this, for me, is the icing on the cake and so I've loaded as many half-way decent photos of it as I can. Now, just how long would it take me to save for a full-size Batmobile replica??  hmmmmm. Enjoy!

I didn't have a graphic for the 1966 Batman so I used this metal sign instead. Hope you like it!




First time out of the box