Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Processed Plastic Co / Tim Mee Toy #62750 Hercules Gunship

Some of the toys featured here on Toys & Stuff are things I've already gotten rid of, but prior to me selling them I took a whole bunch of photos, many more than would normally be required when selling an item. Something must have told me all these pictures would come in handy some day because they were taken many months before I had even thought about starting my blog. Case in point; today's Processed Plastic Hercules Gunship. The Processed Plastics Company was founded in 1948 by Ross Bergman. Many collectors recall them for their really cool line of plastic Flash Gordon spaceships and spacemen. Tim Mee Toys has been around since that time period as well, but I could find no information on them or when they were bought/absorbed by Processed Plastics.

Having seen many a C-130 over the years, albeit not gunships, just regular transports, the moment I saw this in the store I knew I had to have it. Fortunately, if memory serves me right, it was purchased from K**B Toys at a discount and so didn't cost much. I THINK it was under $10 when I bought it somewhere around 2000 - 2001.  I had this hanging in the Man Cave (aka garage) for many years before deciding to let it go. Being designed for use with 54mm (ca 1/32nd scale) little green Army man figures, it is a large airplane, measuring 24 1/2" (62.2cm) L x 26 1/2" (67.3cm) wingspan and has a compliment of 19 Army figures. There are three movable guns in the port fuselage and one in the rotating gun turret just below the nose. The operating rear ramp raises and lowers to allow for loading personnel, vehicles, or cargo. There is a flagpole and flag and it comes with peel-&-stick appliques for the airplane. You'll notice in the photos that the 'Hercules' graphic wasn't applied. To me, that was just nonsense and I left it off. You'll not see C-130s anywhere with that goofy thing plastered on the side! I know, I know, it's just a toy, but I have my limits just the same! BTW, I did keep that sticker so that the new owner could put it on if they chose to. Enjoy!






















.