Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

TRAIN TIME: 1946 Milwaukee Road Ad 'Timed to a 'T' '

A couple of quick updates before we start the post proper. First, at the suggestion of a reader, I have added an e-mail subscription gadget to the blog. It is located in the right column. He also asked if I had a newsletter. Hmmmmm, between my job and the blog I keep awfully busy but that might still be an option. Haven't a clue what the newsletter would cover that the blog doesn't or what it's little niche would be. Still, it's something to think about.

The MaP on facebook: Long time readers know about my 3-rail O-gauge toy train layout, The Marxville and Plateau (The MaP) and it makes an occasional appearance here on Toys & Stuff. Well, I've set up a fan page or hobby page (whatever you want to call it) on facebook. It offers MANY photos, and narratives on the trials, tribulations, tips, tricks, and techniques on getting that sucker built :-)  I think (hope) it'll work out better than my old website. Websites are static, hard to update (for me), and not very interactive. I've had some friends who do NOT have facebook accounts try to access the page and they were successful, which means you do not have to start a facebook account or, if you're already a facebooker, 'friend' yet another person.

So, to find or follow my adventures in toy trains do a facebook search for:      The MaP 
and if you like what you see - hit the 'Like'  button.

On to today's post:


Today's Train Time offering is a really cool black and white Milwaukee Road ad from 1946 featuring the Milwaukee Road's flagship Hiawatha. The ad itself was kind of a challenge as it was too long for my scanner and had to be scanned in two parts and then joined. It took a little Photoshopping to blend the seams - hope it turned out okay. The Berg's Enjoy :)