Pages

Sunday, November 4, 2012

2012 New Space Diorama - Pt 6

Wellllll, I did some more work on the diorama. I decided on going for that cracked surface look I've seen in various space art:




I started drawing in the lines with a Staedtler fine point marker but the d _ _ n thing gave out on me after only completing about one-fifth of the surface!!! arrrgh. I liked the real fine lines it gave, although the space art does show rather wide, rough surface cracking. I finished up using a Sharpie fine point. I s'pose this was okay. After looking at the finished surface I'm kinda on the fence about how it turned out. It's sorta okay and it's sorta not. It may have been better to go to an art store to see if there any fine point markers in brown or rust color because I think the black may simply be too stark. I don't know though. I'm thinkin' about doin' a very light dry-brushing with one of the  paints used for the hills.  What do you guys think?


Someone is taking an interest!