Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Vintage Cardboard 2-Story House #2

Here's our second in the latest series of vintage paper/cardboard buildings. yesterday I said there were six buildings in the series plus a brick wall. My mistake, there are actually SEVEN buildings in the set I have. I guess when I was taking all the photos one inadvertently got left behind. The house measures 2 5/8" (6.7cm) W x 4" (10.2cm) D x 3 3/8" (8.6cm) H.

If anyone knows who actually made these please let me know. The seller attributed them to Built-Rite (aka Warren Paper Products) but I'm not convinced - yet.  Many Thanx!

Enjoy!
















11 comments:

  1. Hello, Ed,

    Thank you for your nice work of preservation of these cool paper models!

    Greetings from Brazil!

    Mauther

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many Thanx Mauther! It has been a delight and a challenge. More to follow in the upcoming months.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting, Ed. As a sometimes retro-graphics designer, I get all kinds of dangerous ideas when I look at these. This one is interesting in that the attention to detail is so precise, but the shingles on the roof run the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul! The shingles on the roof are wrong!! LOL How 'bout that I never noticed. I'll have a post showing one of the buildings with a not-very-well-designed roof. I think these buildings were probably bottom-of-the-line offerings from whatever company who made them.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are from a boxed set called "Ready-Cut Village". There is another set of small shops by the same maker that you featured in another series of postings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply - not much 'me' time on my end. You know what? I do believe I have the boxed set out in The Cave! I just never got around to photographing it and presenting it here on the blog. Many Thanx for the info AND the jog to my memory. I have used the loose ones on my current train layout and they go well with the Built-Rite buildings.

      Delete