Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2014

MPC 60mm Ringhand Union

Like I said yesterday, I don't have a complete set of Confederate or a complete set of Union, but I do have just enough to make a decent post. The poses are the same for both sides with each side being cast in a different color. The figures themselves were also cast in browns and tans, and whatever else, then sold as Cowboys or Frontiersmen, etc. Anyway, here's what I have so far for MPC 60mm Ringhand Union. Enjoy! Fritz and Bettina Berg

Accessories

Like I said in yesterday's post, it's best to buy repo's if you want to display the figures adorned with all their accessories because, unfortunately, the old plastic gets brittle over time and breaks easily. I found out the hard way after losing a couple of hats and pistols! :-(

Missing from this set is the saber or sword. The exact same set was molded in gray for the Confederates




Figures

Advancing

I believe MPC made a cannon swab as well which means this figure can do double duty as a cannoneer














Cavalryman









Here's a good example of just how clumsy the hats looked on these figures. As a kid I remember them always popping off because they just didn't fit well




I broke one of these hats trying to force it on his head. Use repos instead.







Advancing



This shows it's an original MPC figure









Walking









I posed these two like this on purpose. The stretcher actually fits onto the figures better in this 'push-me-pull-you' configuration!


In the normal configuration the stretcher is almost impossible to fit well because the front soldier's butt gets in the way! Had MPC made the stretcher poles longer it would have worked



Now that's dorky looking!












L-R: MPC 60mm, Americana 54mm, MPC 50mm


No comments:

Post a Comment