Pages

Friday, September 26, 2014

Japan 'K' USAF Jet #XF8B-1

Here's a nifty vintage tin-litho jet - I'm guessin' early to mid-1960s by 'K' (Ohta Kasaburo - Syoten Tokyo) of Japan. It's not among the smallest tin jets I have but it is pretty small nevertheless at 5" (12.7cm) L x 4 3/4" (12.1cm) wingspan x 2 1/4" (5.7cm) H. It's a pretty generic design and I won't even try to guess what it might represent other than to say it represents a toy jet :-)  Enjoy!
Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina



















2 comments:

  1. Another great friction drive jet! Maybe I should start collecting them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I grew up with tin friction and plastic and as a collector, love 'em both. I'm always amazed at the variety of tin made back in the day.

      Ed

      Delete