Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Japan - F-106A USAF Convair Delta Dart (Checkerboard)

I had a yen to post a toy, just to break up the Sparks, NV trip posts. Here's a tin-litho jet from the 1960s that was made by an unknown Japanese manufacturer, one that I'm designating as an F-106 Delta Dart. The outline is so close to the prototype that I'm comfortable with the designation although the paint scheme is a little unconventional.  The F-106 Delta Dart was the primary interceptor for the U.S. Air Force from the 1960s through the 1980s. Like the F-100 Super Saber, the Eldon version of which was featured here last week, I remember the Delta Dart from my first air base in Victorville where they were flown by the National Guard unit also stationed there. Mostly I remember them flying them at night and can still see the glow of the afterburners lighting up the sky. The toy measures 9 1/4" (23.5cm) L x 6" (15.2cm) wingspan x 2 1/4" (5.7cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina




















No comments:

Post a Comment