Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

Ideal Novelty and Toy Co.No. I-4790 Panel Delivery Van

Yesterday I was had wanted to post a Mattel Hot Wheels Crooz Batmoblie but the photos turned out pretty crummy. This new Fujifilm I bought doesn't do the kind of job for macro shots I wanted it to. Our older Fujifilm did pretty good for macros but that one got worn out. Bettina's Canon Sureshot isn't any better. You see, in order for these to work well, the you don't use the zoom function. Rather, you set the camera to 'macro' and get as close as you can to the subject. The problem is that sometimes I have to zoom in - putting my subject a 1/4" away from the lens doesn't always work. I've had to re-take a whole lot of my photos which ends up slowing down progress on the blog.

Okay, that being said, I did get off some shots of this Nifty '50s Ideal Novelty and Toy Co. (aka 'Ideal') No. I-4790 Panel Delivery Van. These were made in a variety of colors and markings. Some had stickers/decals on the side vs. the hard plastic sign, some were one solid color, while others (like this one) were multi-colored. They were produced in 1951-52 and measure 4 3/4" (12.1cm) L x 1 1/4" (3.2cm) W x 2 1//4" (5.7cm) H. My sample had a small fender-bender in its long history and is missing a tiny chunk but it displays well enough. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and ma Bettina


























No comments:

Post a Comment