Pages

Monday, January 11, 2016

Burger King Frodo Glass 2001

Back when Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy came out I pretty much went hog wild over all the toys and gimmicks that came out. Well, now that my collector's hot flashes have subsided it's time to just get rid of stuff. I've already sold a bunch of my Play Along Toys LOTR on the Bay and these glasses are next. Originally Burger King put out a set of four character glasses: Gandalf, Frodo, Strider, and Arwen. I only ever had Gandalf and Frodo, not bothering to acquire the other two. I do like the glasses mostly because of one really cool feature - they have a colored light encased in a removable plastic base which, when lit, gives off a nice glow.. Now check this out - the last photo shows the light glowing in the base. It still works after 14 years! The bases were a clear flexible plastic withe the light and battery compartment built in. They're removable so as to be able to wash the glass, but over time mine has yellowed as is apparent in the photographs. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina.









You can see Frodo holding the One Ring


Even though the base has gone from clear to yellow, it's a shade of yellow which reminds me of champagne!



Check out the red light - still working after 14 years!


No comments:

Post a Comment