Pages

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Bye Bye MaP - Pt 2

Demo work on my old train layout The Marxville and Plateau (The MaP) has been progressing nicely but has left The Cave in a MESS! I had forgotten how the MaP went together all those years ago and as demolition progressed I couldn't help but scratch my head and wonder why I did some of the things I did. For example, I must have used a thousand nuts, bolts, and screws to hold everything together. What the heck! Was I preparing for the Apocalypse or what? It's safe to say I over-built the whole thing. Also, I had forgotten that the MaP was made up of four tables and a small filler piece. That was a good thing because I could put some of those to use in the next layout. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina

A view of Lower Marxville in Mid-February - covered in toys. Some of the track has already been pulled up.


Ten days later Lower Marxville has been cleared. Some of the toys in the background will be used on the new layout but most of the rest will end up for sale on eBay - if I can find boxes!!!


Almost mid-March and what used to be the table Lower Marxville was located on is now cut up. It's since been hauled off to the dumpster along with the small filler piece...
...and more toys for the auction block


If anyone's wondering why I'm niot posting as much any more, between work, demo, and family I be one busy sucker!! Hopefully I can carve out a little time for some more posts though.

No comments:

Post a Comment