Pages

Friday, June 3, 2016

Cereal Premium Boat?

Here's a toy I've had laying around for years and never really felt like posting but it just kinda tugged at me and has been saved from the chopping block for now. Normally I'm not a boat collector, although there are some boats in the collection and a few have been posted here before, but this one is different. It's much smaller than the others I have and I believe, but can't be certain, that this was a cereal premium and old cereal premiums are just plain cool in my book. However, the toy seems a bit large to be an in-box premium and may have been a mail-in. Or maybe it's not a cereal premium at all. It's a one-piece casting with everything above deck level painted and measures 5 3/8" (13.65cm) L x 5/8" (2.22cm) W x 1" (2.54cm) H and appears to be a battleship. It is battle damaged with a banged up bow and a distinct bow in its super structure. As I don't have any books on cereal premiums if any of you out there know its origins let us know please. Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina


















No comments:

Post a Comment