Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Marx Military Flatcar Load - Stake Bed Truck - Green HP

I don't wanna jinx myself but I've actually managed to keep up with posts for quite a while now - don't know how I've done it but I must be gettin' better at either time management or sneakin' in a few minutes here and there between Opa duties and chores in general:-)

Okay, now on to our next Marx small plastic Army vehicle. Normally, today would have been the day to feature the searchlight truck - except I don't have an original! I do have repos and will post them at a later date but until I'm able to latch on to one we'll have to skip it. So, next in line is the stake bed truck. Our version, a recent addition to the hoard, is in a bright green color and measures 4" (10.16cm) L x 1 1/2" (3.81cm) W x 1 1/2" (3.81cm) H

Marx did produce these things in more Army-like colors but those made in rainbow colors couldn't have been that popular with the kids because I'm guessin' they wanted their military vehicles to look like they belonged in the military. Someone mentioned in one of the facebook groups I belong to that it was precisely because his toy armored car was in blue, instead of OD, he took particular pains to destroy it in a way many of us can relate to - by setting it on fire! (actually I didn't like doing stuff like that as a kid - after all, it messes up your toys something fierce!!). Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina



















2 comments:

  1. I have the jade green re-issue, but that's purrty!

    H

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a totally unexpected find. I understand Marx made their military flatcar loads in several colors but 'til now I never knew green to be one of them.

    ReplyDelete