Pages

Sunday, June 4, 2017

Japan - Unknown Maker - Tin-litho Greyhound Scenicruiser Bus

I could've sworn I posted this before but after doing a search on the blog and double-checking my spreadsheet apparently I never got around to taking pictures of it. The bus was parked by the Marx Grand Central train station on my old train layout for some time and was actuially one of my earlier acquisitions when the toy collecting bug hit! The litho was in good shape and although the body is a bit dented and scratched (like me) it's in decent shape overall. Even the hubcaps are all there which is becoming a rarity it seems. The bus has a couple of unusual features: I couldn't get any pics but there is a cardboard tube attached to the front end of the friction motor (an apparent means of providing a more robust sound??), and the front wheels swivel to the left and right. The bus measures 9" (22.86cm) L x 2 3/4" (6.98cm) W x 2 5/8" (6.66cm) H and is marked 'JAPAN' but there are no makers marks. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina




















No comments:

Post a Comment