Pages

Saturday, November 4, 2017

JAK-PAK Derringer Hide-A-Way Cap Pistol

Having bought this earlier this year it's one of the last Cowboy-&-Western themed toys added to the collection before deciding to pare down that mess out in The Cave. I have one more toy derringer out there but it's mint on the card and this one was loose in a nice presentation box so I could pick it up, handle it, admire it, and so on. Unfortunately I don't have rolls of caps around here so I haven't yet fired it. Just looking at this brings back the memory of the aroma of fired-off caps - a smell we were so used to as kids as we played Cowboys-&-Indians, or Civil War, or Army Men. All the neighborhood boys had cap pistols or rifles and we would blow off a whole roll of caps  just to get our fix of that acrid smell hahahahaha - Glorious :-)

As a kid I didn't have a JAK-PAK derringer, mine was the smaller Ohio Art version but I enjoyed the heck out of it. It could be tucked away in a pocket and used as a back-up or as a 'get-away' pistol when the 'bad guys' captured us. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina













No comments:

Post a Comment