Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

Vintage Gas Tax Act Paper Service Station: Jack & Al's Standard Service - Pt 1

Now here's an interesting service station from - I'm guessing - the war years, perhaps 1943-45-ish. I don't know much about these or who actually printed them but apparently they came in a variety of oil company names. This station is lettered for Standard Oil and I've seen them lettered for Texaco. It measures 7 1/4" (18.41cm) L x5 1/4" (13.33cm) D x 3 3/4" (9.52cm) H overall.

A big shout-out and many thanx to Tom DePasquale moderator over at the "Vintage Gas/Service Station Playsets/Garages & Dioramas. Tin, Masonite etc." facebook group for giving me this station to add to the collection!!

Next post, we'll show what my build ended up looking like.Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina



















No comments:

Post a Comment