Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Pressman Toys 54mm Ballista

Yesterday I posted the hand-painted Viking from Russia so for the next few days I thought we'd look at some siege equipment before moving back to The Flintstones. Pressman Toys produces a 54mm Ballista, Catapult, and Trebuchet all of which hurl shot or arrows. Unfortunately none of the ammo is included with the toys so you're on your own when coming up with something to shoot. I haven't started lookig for arrows for this but am thinking about just taking some kabob skewers and cutting them down to size. We'll see. I believe these were all part of an earlier game called "Castle Attack" which included some castle walls, figures, and the siege equipment we'll show. I don't have that set but remember seeing photos of it, unfortunately I never saved copies of those pics for reference - my bad. All of the equipment is very well detailed and thought out, striking a nice balance between a toy that's meant to be played with and an accurate representation of a historical piece. The Ballista measures 4" (10.16cm) L x 3 1/2" (8.89cm) W x 1 1/4" (3.17cm) H. Enjoy! Opa Fritz and Oma Bettina





















2 comments:

  1. God! That's very good! I thought Pressman made 'crappy' play-sets for kids! Thanks for showing that Ed!

    H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually pretty impressed by these Hugh! I know they're just kiddy toys meant to hurl objects at little castles and such but they have some darn nice details and they're not pricey.

      Delete